Sunday, March 8, 2009

Disneyland Journal, Part 4. It Was Fun, It Was Fast


It is intended that this post will be a tad shorter as well. I know I said the last one would be (and it was slightly) I am going to skip things that may have been covered in previous posts and/or not that interesting. So, we move to day 4.

8:15 a.m. - When you buy a multi-day pass to Disneyland, they let you get in one day an hour earlier than everybody else who doesn't have a multi-day pass. This causes you to run like mad men to try and get as much in before the lines again start forming. Today was our day and we got there 15 minutes late, so our Magic Morning, as it is called by Disney, was only 45 minutes. But we made the most of it. We had originally intended to meet Danae and Lamar and family for the early morning, but we got a call from Lamar the night before at 10:20 letting us know they were still in a Denny's and Elizabeth was having a small meltdown. They would not be making the early morning with us. Having seen a few meltdowns already ourselves, (including a few by the children) we understood.

8:30 a.m. - Shannon wanted to go on Space Mountain. Braden and Abby wanted no part of it, but Logan said he wanted to. When they got off, Logan had a big ol' smile on his face. I asked if he liked it and he said, "It was fun, it was really fast." So it was decided that I would go on Space Mountain and Logan would go again with me. Braden and Abby? Still wanted no part of it.



9:30 a.m. - We ride the Autopia cars and Logan, Braden and Abby all get to drive their own cars (Shannon rode with Braden and I rode with Logan.) All in all, Logan drove amazingly well for someone who could not see over the steering wheel.



10:15 a.m. - We head over to California Adventure and meet up with Danae and Lamar's family. We were moving toward the Tower of Terror, when Logan saw his hero, Handy Manny. He hopped out of the stroller and went up and got to meet him.

10:30 a.m. - We ride Tower of Terror. Bryson didn't want to. Logan started to not want to as well as we got into the dark places of the ride. However, it was Abby who provided the non-stop screaming once the dropping started. It was so ear piercing that my head still has a ringing in it some what. When it was over, Logan had met his match. He did not want to do that one again at all. Neither did Abby. Braden? He never went on it in the first place but rather waited with Danae and Lizzie.



10:45 p.m. - While Danae and Lamar ride Tower of Terror on a parent pass, we watch all five kids. We decide to take them on Monsters Inc. While we are in line, someone looks at us with amazement and asks if they are all ours. I assure them they are not, but I realize that there are five children total. If we do as Shannon suggests and have another child, then in the future, we would have to answer yes to that question. I begin to hyperventilate.



11:30 a.m. - Today, lunch will consist of pizza (I ended up not being able to get out of it in the end). During this break in the action, Logan announces another poop break is in order. What is it with this kid and needing to go poop when the food arrives? However, I could now provide an in-depth critique of just about every bathroom in Disneyland and California Adventure. Don't worry, I won't.



12:30 p.m. - Once again, time has run out for Abby. It is time for her to ride California Screamin'. She desparately doesn't want to. She actually made herself "sick" to get out of it the day before. Said sickness was cured five minutes after walking away from the ride. But today? She will not get out of it so easy. The day before she had said she needed to eat and she was sick and couldn't ride because she needed dinner. This time, she tried the I am sick because I just ate. Man, this girl will be a lawyer some day. After half an hour in line, she has informed me that she hates me and what an awful father I am to make her go on this. I said, "I know." She rides it...and hates it. I think I could have written that sentence, She hates it...then she rides it and it would have been just as applicable. Oh well, she did it once and that was all we required.



2:00 p.m. - I wore my Valentine's Day gift which was a black T-shirt that said, Trophy Husband. With my own personal melt down at lunch, my exhaustion settling in from not really sleeping well the night before and my allergies kicking into full gear, I truly was some Trophy Husband. We decide our family needs to head back to the hotel for naps. The kids might need one, but Dad definitely does.

5:00 p.m. - Before heading back to the parks, I go over to Subway across from our hotel and get dinner. I was tenth in line, but each person in line suddenly morphed into 3 or 4 when it became their turn to order. However, the worst was the couple who started ordering and kids just kept appearing out of no where. By my last count there were at least 8 kids. An hour later, I finally get to order our food.





7:00 p.m. - We meet up again with Danae and Lamar and fam and have wonderful evening riding as many rides as possible. Due to the showing of Fantasmic, we do pretty well. However, one downside of the night was when I made it to Pirates at the end of Fantasmic with Abby and Elizabeth and there was absolutely no wait. Somehow, everyone else got caught by the crowd before they could get through. It is very depressing waiting for your party and seeing literally hundreds of people going to get in line for a ride you could have just walked on. But as Fantasmic came to and end, the rest of the group couldn't get to me. It led to about 3 or 4 cell phone calls that went something like:

"Where are you?"

"Right on the bridge above you?"

"Ok, see you in a minute."

8 minutes go by, 250 people get in the Pirates line.

"WHERE ARE YOU?"

"They made us go one way, but then they told us we couldn't go this way and sent us back the other way."

"Well get here as quickly as possible."

"WE ARE TRYING!!!

10 minutes later, 300 more people have gotten in line for Pirates.

"WHAT!!!"

"I was just wondering where you were?"

"We are back up on the bridge above you. They won't let us through on either side."

"Ok, try to get here soon."

"Don't call again."

We eventually made it on the ride and the line wasn't too bad in the end.



8:45 p.m. - Tonight is Logan's turn and he has decided he wants a Mickey ears hat and so he and I go in search of a Mickey ears hat while Shannon takes the kids to get ice cream in Downtown Disney. We say goodbye to Danae and Lamar and work out that we will see them the next day. Logan picks a blue Mickey ears hat with silver ears and it lights up when you push a button. We get his name stitched on the back. He is thrilled.

9:00 p.m. - We all meet up and have some wonderful Haagen Daaz ice cream before heading back to the hotel to go to sleep. AHHH, blessed sleep.

I don't think this is any shorter, but oh well, we are almost done if you are finding the time to read all of these. At least we will remember this trip in detail for years to come.

2 comments:

  1. I guess Cody and I were just out of the loop on Danae and Lamar going too. Such a top secret family (kinda kidding). I guess its cuz we live in timbucktoo...but really we're only a phone call away. Maybe if they ever updated their blog like us, everyone would know when they ate, slept and pooped!...again so top secret.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the frozen part is my left boob. it has never grown. i've always wore a little implant thing. my brothers call me chicken little. its times like these i wish you texted so this wouldn't be on the world wide web but whatev! haha.

    ReplyDelete