Monday, September 1, 2008

Perfection in an Imperfect World






It is funny how much we over use the work "perfect". That meal was perfect or she looks just perfect. The reality is that perfection is actually a pretty tough thing to attain. Well, this past weekend, my family gathered in Phoenix at the The Pointe at Tapatillo Cliffs and my first thought reflecting on it was that the weekend was perfect. Now I would ask you, when did perfection start to include the 3,487 times that the phrases "are we there yet" or "when are we going to eat" are repeated by impatient and grumpy children. Or when did perfection take in hauling luggage for a family of six up two flights of stairs and a very large hill, (what did I expect to find at a place with the word cliffs in the title), in what had to be 98.9 percent humidity. Lastly, when I get beat at cards as badly as I did, perfect does not immediately come to mind.


However, in spite of those examples, I would say that this last weekend was perfect for our family. We had a wonderful time swimming and visiting the Arizona Science Center and celebrating my Mom's birthday. Logan, who last saw Jerry when he was three weeks old, took to his uncle so well and would hardly leave his side. Grandad and grandkids had a wonderful time together in the pool (see photo) and my Mom got to be around her whole family for her birthday. Looking at the photos attached and seeing the looks on our faces, I would say for this life, we look like the time we had was pretty darn perfect.

1 comment:

  1. We're so glad that you had a great time! Selective memory in this life is a great blessing sometimes. What a treasured memory for your family.

    ReplyDelete